Thursday, February 18, 2010

About me:

My name is Rebecca Huddleston, and I am a junior elementary education major at the University of Southern Mississippi. My endorsements will be in science and English. When I graduate, I hope to move further up the east coast or possibly to another country to teach. Right now, I am somewhat considering the Peace Corps, but as I will not be graduating for a good three more semesters, it's not a huge concern right now.

I've taken several computer classes in school. They were all required courses, but they were very helpful in furthering my knowledge on the subject. I find that technology is incredibly important for the teaching community, but mainly because of the advancements our society is making. It seems like people did just fine with chalkboards and multi-grade level classrooms, but that was also before people worked for major corporate technology companies. So, it's necessary to have technology in the classroom given what must be learned, but at the same time, I think it can be a bit of an over-kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment